Report on Business Cannabis Professional - Terms and Conditions
Report on Business Cannabis Professional
- These Terms govern your (“you” or “your” or “subscriber”) subscription and use of the Report on Business Cannabis Professional Newsletter (“Newsletter”) provided or made available to you by The Globe and Mail Inc. (collectively “The Globe”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
- By subscribing to our Newsletter and related services (the “Services”), you specifically agree to: (i) these Terms; (ii) receive email and other communication from us; and (iii) receive advertisements, event information and other information sent by us.
- The Globe’s newsletter (“Newsletter”) service is to keep you informed about the latest events, developments, current events, business events, news updates and trends across the Canadian cannabis industry.
- The Newsletter and their content are provided for information purposes only, and are not comprehensive or advisory in nature. The Globe does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information in the Newsletter. The content in the Newsletter is not, and should not be regarded as any form of advice.
- Use of information contained in the Newsletter is at your own risk and we are not responsible for any adverse consequences arising out of such use. The materials provided in the Newsletter has not been prepared by taking into account the particular objectives, situations or needs of any individual user. You assume sole risk and responsibility for anything arising from your use of the Newsletter. You understand that all information, content, data, text, images, graphics, messages or other materials available via the Newsletter (“Content”) is provided by The Globe in accordance with these Terms and The Globe does not guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality.
- SUBSCRIPTION TO NEWSLETTER
- Promotional Period: The Globe may offer limited time promotions to new subscribers. The specific terms and conditions that apply to each promotion will be stated at the time of registration. If stated in the applicable promotion, you may cancel the Subscription within fourteen (14) days of registration (the “Promotional Period”). If you terminate the Subscription during the Promotional Period, you will be eligible for a refund for the prepaid Subscription Fee, excluding any transaction or foreign exchange fees that may apply. You are responsible for any terms, cancellation dates, or fee changes when a promotion ends. You may request a refund by sending an email to Pkitchell@globeandmail.com during the Promotional Period. You can only use the Promotional Period once. The Globe reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to withdraw or to modify this Promotional Period at any time without prior notice and with no liability.
- Subscription: You may subscribe to the Newsletter by options provided by The Globe. The subscription fees and any other charges payable by you in connection with your subscription for the Newsletter (including any applicable taxes) shall be as per the rates in effect at the time of your subscription (“Subscription Fees”). When you subscribe to the Newsletter, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment and other information. By submitting your payment details, you confirm that you are entitled to purchase a subscription of the Newsletter using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription. In suspicious circumstances, we may contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities or other appropriate third parties. Subscription Fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription and any renewal of your subscription. Unless in accordance with Section 3.1 above, all our fees and charges are non-refundable. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we do issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refunds in the future. We may change the Subscription Fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges which will take effect at the end of your subscription period, by giving you notice in advance and an opportunity to cancel.
- Payment Gateway: The Globe uses the services of third party payment service providers to process your payment of the Subscription Fees. Accordingly, your usage of such third-party services shall be in accordance with the terms and conditions as adopted and implemented by such service provider, and The Globe shall not be responsible for any failed or incomplete fulfillment of any payment instructions issued by you through such service provider or any actions taken by The Globe in respect of the same.
- Number of Newsletters: Based on the subscription, The Globe will provide you with such number of Newsletters corresponding to your subscription.
- Frequency: the Newsletter will be delivered on all working weekdays.
- Unsubscribe/Cancellation: you can, at any time, stop your subscription to our Newsletter by providing us with a written notice at Pkitchell@globeandmail.com.
- Reserved Rights: The Globe reserves the right, at its discretion, to suspend or cancel your subscription at any time. Further, The Globe reserves the right to suspend or terminate your subscription if you breach these Terms, or The Globe and Mail Terms and Conditions, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. We may also suspend or terminate your subscription if we are prevented from providing the Newsletter or Services to you by circumstances beyond our control. The Globe may give you at least  days’ notice of such termination, if possible. If we do so, then we will have no further obligation to you, except for a refund of the unexpired period of your paid subscription. This means that we will refund you with any amounts that you have paid us in advance that relate to any remaining and unexpired period of your subscription.
- Non-transferable: Upon you subscribing to our Newsletter, your right to subscribe to the Newsletter is not transferable to any other person.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- This Newsletter and the Content contains many of the valuable trademarks, service marks, names, titles, logos, images, designs, copyrights and other proprietary materials owned, registered and use by The Globe (“The Globe’s IP”). The Globe is the exclusive owner of The Globe’s IP and any unauthorized use of The Globe’s IP is strictly prohibited and all rights in same are reserved by The Globe. The Globe’s IP is protected by laws, including laws governing copyrights and trademarks and the reproduction and use of any of The Globe’s IP is prohibited. You are also advised that The Globe considers its intellectual property to be amongst its most valuable assets, and will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent.
- The Newsletter may include trademarks, service marks, names, titles, logos, images, designs, copyrights and other proprietary materials owned, registered and use by third parties (“Third Party IP”). You shall not use the Third Party IP without the prior written consent of such third party.
- You shall not: (i) copy, reproduce, modify or transmit the Content of the Newsletter; and (ii) sell or exploit, including for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Newsletter.
- Nothing contained in the Newsletter should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any right, license or title to any of The Globe’s IP and/or Third Party IP.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
- The Globe does not provide any representations, warranties, undertakings, assurances and guarantees of any nature whatsoever relating to the Newsletter and the Services.
- The Newsletter, including without limitation all Content delivered as part of the Newsletter, is provided “as is”, “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, non-interference with data, availability, accuracy, or that the Newsletter of the Services are error free and any warranties implied by any course of performance or usage of trade, all of which are expressly disclaimed. The Globe, its directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and partners do not warrant that: (i) any defects or errors in the Newsletter will be corrected; or (ii) the use of the Newsletter will meet your requirements.
- You agree and confirm that the use of the Newsletter is solely at your own risk. The Newsletter contains information may be provided by one or more third party data providers. The Globe does not control and is not responsible for the information provided by any such third party provider. You acknowledge and agree that neither The Globe nor any such third party provider has any obligation to correct the information. In no event does The Globe warrant or guarantee the correctness, comprehensiveness, completeness, accuracy, quality and integrity of the Content of the Newsletter.